By D. Karr
A handful of citizens of the Planet Solrain, lost in the Great Collapse some two millennia ago, were found in a cryosleep chamber during the 2nd GVB War (85AT). Then, in the chaos that fell upon Hyperial at that war’s end, the Solrains were lost again for another full generation. A hobbyist historian chanced upon a reference to them just before the last great aftershock of the Great Collapse (101AT). They were found and cured of a deadly disease (later known as The Argent Virus), the reason for their initial stasis in cryopods. Several were killed during transport from Hypsos to Soria in an attack led by Quantar extremists. After lengthy interviews and re-education in the language and ways of modern society, the Pre-Collapse Solrains were released from protective custody. They have total amnesia about all things concerning Pre-Collapse times, save a few personal details that were retrieved from data logs of the damaged cryosleep chamber.
For the last few years, people have been poking and prodding them trying to milk them for Pre-Collapse information that just isn’t there. One of them decided to join TRI to aid in Reconstruction efforts, but was killed by Phoenix Rising on Sol Core while awaiting genetic modifications. His murder spurred several of his friends to enlist with Solrain’s TRI space wing.
I know all this because I was the historian and am now their friend. I returned to space from a 3 year retirement because the time had come for someone to do something about the unchecked agression against these peaceful PC Sols by Quantar and Octavius.
Since the founding of Solidarity and through the efforts of many, Solrain has recaptured a prominate status in TRI. We have a very tight set of core beliefs that have guided the Solrain Revival of 106; these beliefs are listed on our squad page. If you are like-minded, then join Solidarity. If not, then join our wing as friends of Solrain. Perhaps you will help write the next chapter of the Solidarity story. Solidarity for Solrain, our time is now!
Detailed timeline of the Solidarity story.
- 2030 BT – A group of Solrain explorers contract a vicious disease and are placed into low grav orbital cryosleep chambers prior to death in hopes that a cure can be discovered. Several families are included among the freezer chambers.
- 2000 BT – The Great Collapse rips through the systems, leaving nothing but destruction in its wake. The main Solrain planet vanished, along with many others. Space stations, production centers, communication arrays as well as all computers and databases are either destroyed or disabled. Only a few fragments of data from the massive Solrain database survive, effectively nullifying millennia of scientific discoveries. In addition the Collapse causes physical changes rendering the few remaining technologies useless. Known space is at the edge of oblivion – yet civilization survives in some places, barely.
The following text is a fairly impartial summary derived from Brother_Io’s heavily Quantar-biased report of the 2nd GVB War. It is my summary and does not appear in the official JOSSH timeline.
- 73 AT – Conflict arose between Hyperial and Quantar.
- Early 85 AT – Quantar nears completion on a Trade Depot in GVB.
- Early 85 AT – Quantar patrols in GVB discover a cryosleep pod containing several freeze chambers and return it to the nearly complete Depot. However, the Depot was captured by Hyperial before any word of this event could reach home. Only a vague mention of the event is recorded in a minor officer’s personal journal the night before the assault. With the 2nd GVB War raging, the Hyperials realized the cryosleep pod was of Pre-Collapse origin and sent it to Hypsos in the utmost secrecy.
- 86.10.28 AT – Quantar defeated Hyperial in a single bloody, day. Nearly every member of the Hyperial military died that day. The cryopod was forgotten in the chaos.
- 101.6 AT – A hobbyist-historian turned TRI pilot discovered a vague reference to the cryosleep chamber while researching the early stages of 2nd GVB War at Corridor. A communiqué was sent to a Hyperial records clerk, but went unanswered for months.
- 101.9 AT – The last aftershock of the Great Collapse swept the five systems, destroying TRI databases and causing chaos throughout known space.
- 102.1 AT – Hyperial located several freeze chambers and thanks to Samsun’s fledgling biochemical facilities, a modern medical technique cured the pod’s occupants. Hyperial agreed to turn the Pre-Collapse Solrains over to the STCC for undisclosed considerations and presumably full access to any PC technology gains.
- 102.2 AT – Solrain ships delivering the cryosleep chambers to Soria were attacked by Quantar and Octavian forces. The attack resulted in major damage to the cryosleep pod, causing the death of several of the PC Sols and rendering the pod useless for further study.
- 106.2 AT – After lengthy interviews and re-education in the language and ways of modern society, the Solrains were released from protective custody. One of them decided to join TRI to aid in Reconstruction efforts, but was killed by Phoenix Rising on Sol Core while awaiting genetic modifications. This spurred more of the Solrains to join the STCC’s TRI wing to seek a revitilization of Solrain. They suffered total amnesia about all things concerning Pre-Collapse times, save a few personal details that were retrieved from data logs of the damaged cryosleep chamber.